|CatalogueIT & CertificationCommunication Technology
Introduction to Telecommunications:(2nd Edition)
1-9 manuals: $55 per manual
10+ manuals: $49 per manual
Trainer Material: Instructor's Edition $60 each
Series: IT & Certification
Duration: 1 day(s)
Download Data Files
Printer friendly version of this outline
|Fundamentals of Telecommunications
Overview of Telecommunications
Telecommunications Standards Organizations
Basic Terms and Technologies in Telecommunications
Analog and Digital Transmissions
Basics of Telephony
Customer Premises Equipment
Common Signaling Tones and Call Establishment
Electronic Switching Networks
Stored Program Control Switch
Network Nodes in SS7
Types of Links in SS7
Layers of the SS7 Protocol
|Business Telephone Systems
Connections to the Exchange
The Traffic Engineering Process
Basic Networking Concepts
Data Communication Models
Basics of Wireless Communication
Modern Telecommunication Technologies
Wired Communication Technologies
Wireless Communication Technologies
Recent Trends in Telecommunications
Operations Support Systems
Support Service Systems
Network Management Systems
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- describe the various components of telecommunications, and the various
standards and technologies adopted.
- describe telephony networks, their supporting technologies, and the
transmission mediums used in these networks.
- examine Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), the numbering plan, and the dialing
mechanisms and tones.
- explore the components of electronic switching networks and the role of SS7
protocols in these networks.
- examine the different services offered by telecom service providers to meet
specific business demands and the facts to be considered while deciding on the
type of service suitable for a business.
- describe the basic networking concepts.
- explore some basic concepts related to wireless communication and examine the
components of a cellular network.
- describe the modern technologies used in wired and wireless communications.
- describe how the telecom service providers use different systems to manage the
needs of customers and networks.
Students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer and its